Tuesday, March 20, 2018


Tuesday, March 20, 2018
Spring Equinox, 11:15 a.m.

I have no wit, no words, no tears;
            My heart within me like a stone
Is numbed too much for hopes or fears;
            Look right, look left, I dwell alone;
I lift mine eyes, but dimmed with grief
            No everlasting hills I see;
My life is in the falling leaf:
            O Jesus, quicken me.

My life is like a faded leaf,
            My harvest dwindled to a husk;
Truly my life is void and brief
            And tedious in the barren dusk;
My life is like a frozen thing,
            No bud nor greenness can I see:
Yet rise it shall - the sap of Spring;
            O Jesus, rise in me.
                 Christina Rossetti (1830-1894), "A Better Resurrection"

Most loving God, your ways are not our ways; calm our hearts and soothe our questing minds with your wisdom.   Amen

  •        Memorize a scripture verse.


Popular posts from this blog

Sunday, April 1, 2018 - RESURRECTION OF OUR LORD/EASTER DAY

Saturday, March 31, 2018 - HOLY SATURDAY

Friday, March 30, 2018 - GOOD FRIDAY